I have been asked to give a talk (as an alumni) to the two batches of students ( graduating batch and their juniors) studying at Design Programme at IIT Kanpur. To tell the truth, I am a bit intimidated by them. What should I tell a bunch of super talented people?!
Here are some thoughts and working titles for the talk and presentation that I had:
1. The Real World ( life outside DP)
2. 10 x 10 (10 slides in 10 minutes, rather like Pecha Kucha)
3. What I do, Where I do it and How do I do it ( sounds rather tongue in cheek): about my work, my core functional areas, etc
4. 10 steps to enjoy working in a corporate design team
5. The Healthy Design Diet (How to be on a healthy design diet and trim fat?)
What are your thoughts?
Also suggest the tone of the presentation:
1. Advice (usually falls on deaf ears and as a student I hated when people gave me advice)
2. This is ME (ye lo yaar, another person touting her achievements: original / fake)
3. Agony Aunt Session ( Ask me anything … I can even dance for you! )