1. While immersed in work, I suddenly remembered that I had forgotten to tell her that I finally saw the movie Amelie. The French name of the movie Le Fabuleux Destin d’Amélie Poulain , “The Fabulous Destiny of Amélie Poulain” sounds more apt that the much simpler English version.
2. I hear a girlish laugh from a man, who is part of a group who are having a fun Friday afternoon talking to each other. That makes me smile. To add to the laugh, the same man has a very nasal voice. I start eating my lunch once he stops laughing.
3. The sun is out now. The skies were full of dark and gray clouds and now the sun is peeping out between them.
4. Songs have the power to transport me back in time. Nostalgia sets in when I listen to “Ab Na Ja” by Euphoria. The song was chosen by our juniors during our farewell party. By the end of the last verse, we could hardly hold back our tears. Altaf Raja’s “Tum to thehre pardesi” is one such song as well. How it came to be on my iPod is a long story. However, this song used to be the rage a few years ago. One could hear it playing everywhere, even in our den, at IIT-K. Akash used to play this song on full volume and it used to irritate his neighbor, me.
5. Looking forward to the weekend. The weekend is a life saver package of 2 days meant to unwind and relax. Ever since I started working, I have always looked forward to a weekend. Lazy Saturdays and Sundays are the perfect end to a week.